Thursday, July 16, 2009

What do I think about lawyers?

It's hard for me to put all lawyers into one category. Some defend the innocent and some defend the guilty. People say all lawyers are liars. I agree with that, but not necessarily in a negative way. It used to irritate me when I hear lawyers on TV, both fictional or non fictional. They would say anything to win a case, even if it meant having an innocent man sentenced and letting a murderer continue to be free. However, being an attorney is a career, just like any other. I thought about the role they play and how pure honesty would affect their success. Their job is to lie! Sad but true.
In the past I've worked with a lawyer in a case that ended in a big check for me. I cant complain, but I can say the truth was bent. The accident was the pther parties fault, but a little change in the story sure did make the case alot easier. Currently I am dealing with a case, and the lawyer, even though he seems like he has no sense of urgency, is honest and credible.
Bottom line is I am not one-sided when it comes to this topic. Im sure not one honest lawyer exist, but it's just part of the job. then there are those who take it too far. In my opinion, these guys are just as guilty as the crooks they defend. We just have to hope that these guys dont send an innocent person to live their lives in prisons or send murderers, drug dealers, rapists, etc... back to our neighborhoods.

No comments:

Post a Comment